Reverse mentoring helps seasoned IT execs get comfortable with new technologies like social media while gaining insight into what makes millennials tick. Read more...
Ex-CEO Steve Ballmer resigned from the Microsoft board today, citing his new ownership of the Los Angeles Clipper professional basketball team -- he closed the $2 billion deal a week ago today -- as well as a teaching assignment Read more...
- Many Chrome browser extensions do sneaky things
- Healthcare organizations still too lax on security
- Petition demands Apple fix MacBook Pro graphics woes
- IT outages are an ongoing problem for the U.S government
- Why HTC put Windows on its M8 smartphone
- VC investors hot for the cloud, mobile and robots
- Preston Gralla: Is the Windows-based HP Stream 14 a Chromebook killer?
- Watch out Spotify; Google's building YouTube 'Music Key'
- YouTube music might be a win for other Google services
- SanDisk's Ultra II SSD offers prices as low as 44 cents per gigabyte
- Verizon is tops in network performance, reliability, speed in 2014 tests
- Jonny Evans: 6 Apple lessons Microsoft never learned
- Sprint slashes shared data plan prices
- IT Blogwatch: HP's $199 Windows notebook vs. Chromebooks: FIGHT!
- As sharks circle, IBM prepares its x86 exit
- Update: Microsoft pulls crippling patch from Windows Update
- Microsoft tweaks SharePoint Online to free up site storage
- iPhone 5C's China bust raises questions about Apple's pricing for '14 models
- Symantec folds nine Norton products into one service
- Azure services down again
- New Yosemite dev preview may herald public beta update later this week
- Vehicle-to-vehicle networks could save over 1,000 lives a year, US says
- Hadoop gets real
- New Microsoft same as the old Microsoft
- About 4.5M face risk of ID theft after hospital network hacked
Our brand new digital format offers seamless navigation with easy scrolling and zooming. The August edition is available now (Insider registration required).
CIOs who stay in a position for more than five years are rare. Here's what it takes to remain effective when you hunker down in one place.
Lenovo's latest Chromebook functions as both a regular laptop and a stand-supported tablet. But what is it like to use in the real world?
The use of 3D printing for finished goods is about to disrupt manufacturing and supply chains in a big way. Here's why IT needs to get ready.
Want to offer extra functionality to your users based on where they are? Here's how.
Silicon Valley tech execs behaving badly
10 hot programming languages that are on the rise
5 veteran CIOs take stock of the changing tech sector
10 things about (the Internet of) things
10 bloodiest tech industry layoffs of 2014, so far
5 wireless chargers that may be in your next car
6 job search 'hacks' that will get you hired
What are the larger implications when technology becomes truly pervasive in the world?
Demand grows and salaries rise for tech workers with the right skills. Our survey reveals which jobs are hot -- and which are not.